1.03.2011

3. Thankful

This is a simple picture of a Korea Veteran key chain. I had bought it years ago to give to my grandpa who is a veteran of the Korean war. I had forgotten about it in between everything else that was going on. This picture symbolizes so much to me. My grandpa was like a father to me. He was a brave man who feared nothing. He fought for our freedoms and earned a Purple Heart during the war. My grandpa is in advanced alzheimers now and doesn't remember much these days. When I see this key chain, I see my grandpa. The healthy man who came to my rescue everytime I needed him. The man who took me to get Krystals after school. The man who shared his stories, and the shirt off his back if needed, with everyone. I am so thankful for him.

2 comments:

  1. wow! he sounds like a great man, and grandpa! I believe that generation are amazing people & wish them all the respect in the world & that we could be more like them! Brave & Strong!! I love the symbolization you have for him here! kinda like my basket! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I drew inspiration from your basket actually. I came across this key chain the other day and thought about my grandpa so I thought I would just photograph that. :) I will call you today so we can plan a day to get together!

    ReplyDelete